Monday, October 1, 2012

twenty SEVEN year itch.

27 years ago, my life changed. Surrounded by of our closest friends and family, I walked into the Cabin to marry my best friend on a {heavy} snow filled Autumn day in the mountains. One of the few things I remember in that moment was realizing the time was right. After dating for two years, spending thousands in phone bills {cell phones --- what the heck were those, we made our calls on a rotary phone!!!}, driving miles + miles, to + from Grand Canyon National Park, we were ready to become each others counterbalance. Twenty Seven years into my marriage, I'm itching. Itching to get closer to Doug!

If I knew then what I know now, I'd sprint into his arms and shout I DO because the last twenty seven years have been made of the stuff dreams are made of. Sort of like a glitter covered chocolate bar, only better!
Doug, I love you. Thank you for being the better part of me. Happy Anniversary!

5 comments:

judy in ky said...

Congratulations! I love that photo, the dress, the hat, the snow, the bride and groom and the dog. It's perfect.

Susan said...

awwwwwww ! me too What Judy said + a few woofs to Moose xoxo les Gang

Moose said...

Thanks you two! Can you see a Golden Retriever trend with me?!! That is Jasper, our 1st.

judy in ky said...

I posted the recipe you asked for at the bottom of the blog post about the blueberry pie.

Courtney said...

Wow- that was a snowy Fall day. You two still look the same! Congratulations on 27 years!